Wednesday 1 January 2014

Averland Empire Army - EOY 2013 Status

I thought it would be useful to document where my Averland army made it up to in 2013.

I started painting this back in August and had a 2400 point version of it finished in time for Castle Assault. At that time I didn't get the Celestial Hurricanum finished but it was good enough to go.


4 demigryph knights - Banner is magnetised to switch off
Bulk of the army painted

Since then I've finally finished the Hurricanum, which took far more time than I thought, and I think it turned out ok.


Celestial Hurricanum finished


I'm adding a horde of halberdiers now to add that much needed punch. I see why everyone fields them, particularly with buffs from priests and light magic. End of today I should have 20 finished with another 17 to go. Here's a shot of the test figure as well as the finished 17 (another 3 about to be done today), and the other 17 primed and ready for their turn.





In the mail is a War Altar and Peg Knight (to use as a Captain on Pegasus) which should give me a bit of variability in my lists. I also have 4 mages and 2 old light acolyte's which I'll paint up if I want to field a full light council.  

In the cupboard I have 5 more knights, 40 odd handgunners, 10 crossbows, 2 cannons and a mortar if I ever want to expand and paint them. Maybe if I get an opportunity to play a 4k game this year.

I think for now, my Empire purchases are complete (hahah LOL) and after the War Altar and peg knight are painted I can get stuck back into my Orcs again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment